Monday, January 7, 2013

First Day of "Whole 30"

What is Whole 30?

It is 30 days of eating whole foods - no preservatives, no sugar or sugar substitute, no grains and no dairy. The reason for doing this is to cleanse your body of impurities and to hopefully feel better at the end. If you have problems with bloating and stomach issues it can also be a time to find out what cause them, as well as other physical or emotional issues.

When you are finished with the 30 days you can add foods back one at a time so that you can see what can be a cause of the problems. Food has more to do with how we feel than most people realize.

Breakfast today was a steamed egg, some sausage, hazelnuts, and water. I have found that if I eat a lot of protein for breakfast I am not as hungry later in the day.
For lunch I had leftover spaghetti squash and sautéed chicken. I love spaghetti squash!!!
Dinner was pork chops cooked on the George Foreman grill and sautéed squash and leeks. It was delicious :)
Snacks: orange, raw pecans, and carrots.
And lots of water!!!

It's not difficult to eat this way as long as you don't have foods you don't want to eat at home. My self control is at the store - if it comes home with me I will eat it . . .

I can't wait for tomorrow!!! Another day towards feeling better after all the binging over the holidays!!!

Hugs 💞

This is what a spaghetti squash looks like after it is cooked and you pull out the "strands" with a fork. Cool, huh?



No comments:

Post a Comment